Head Start is a free school readiness preschool for 3 & 4 year olds and family development program in Sheboygan County. Head Start's goal is to improve the lives of income eligible children by providing quality comprehensive child development services that are family focused, including education, health, nutrition, and mental health. Family income must be at or below the federal poverty guidelines though some exceptions may be made. Children must be 3 or 4 years of age by September 1st. Head Start offers:
- A kindergarten readiness, developmentally appropriate preschool for three and four year old children
- Development screening for all children
- Hearing and vision screening for all children
- Early identification of problems leading to early intervention
- Starting the referral process when problems are identified
- Nutritious breakfasts, lunches, and snacks provided
- Helping families to identify strengths, goals and community resources
Early Head Start is a home-based school readiness program offering educational, developmental, and age appropriate assessments for children ages 0-3 years and maternal services for pregnant women and services families throughout Sheboygan County.
Sheboygan County Head Start has a classroom in the Generations Building in Plymouth that provides a half-day/3K classroom and full-day/4K classroom collaboration with the Plymouth school district. For more information about Head Start please go to www.sheboyganheadstart.org or call Brenda @ 920-458-1154.